So I took the plunge. Couldn’t help my self. Things look good so far. I’ll keep you posted. I really like the keyword based galleries. I’ll now have to update all the images. The crappy part is that I’ve already categorized all my images in iMatch… I wish I could just export that.

Update – Yay! I got things working. Now clicking on the image brings up a lightbox version of the image (looks actually quite nice). Clicking on the title sends you to the gallery.

There are still a few things I need to work on…

  • Currently wpg2 only works with one gallery.  I have separated out my pictures into multiple gallery locations (I'm questioning that decision now, but oh well).  I'd love if I can update the image chooser to show images from other galleries, but I believe I can start with modifying the tag with a flag, which will point the logic to different location.  In any case, that's definitely a future task.
  • Formating of the image thumbnails.  I would like to improve the presentation a bit, but for now it will have to do.  I've probably already hardcoded more than I should into the plugin, but at this point, whatever works.

Let me know what you think.